Saturday, October 17, 2009

My favorite Psalm!

Malachi 3, 4
Psalm 148 (Yay!)
Acts 5

SOAP - My favorite Psalm!

Scripture


1 Praise the LORD. Praise the LORD from the heavens,
praise him in the heights above.

2 Praise him, all his angels,
praise him, all his heavenly hosts.

3 Praise him, sun and moon,
praise him, all you shining stars.

4 Praise him, you highest heavens
and you waters above the skies.

5 Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for he commanded and they were created.

6 He set them in place for ever and ever;
he gave a decree that will never pass away.

7 Praise the LORD from the earth,
you great sea creatures and all ocean depths,

8 lightning and hail, snow and clouds,
stormy winds that do his bidding,

9 you mountains and all hills,
fruit trees and all cedars,

10 wild animals and all cattle,
small creatures and flying birds,

11 kings of the earth and all nations,
you princes and all rulers on earth,

12 young men and maidens,
old men and children.

13 Let them praise the name of the LORD,
for his name alone is exalted;
his splendor is above the earth and the heavens.

14 He has raised up for his people a horn, the praise of all his saints,
of Israel, the people close to his heart.
Praise the LORD.

Observation
Everything praises the Lord, all of his creation!

Application
This is my favorite Psalm. I love it! "Praise him all you shining stars!" "You mountains and all hills!" I just love it. I've always remembered this Psalm. I suppose we read it sometime when I was a kid in vacation Bible school or something. All through my life this has really been the only part of the Bible I would have consistently remembered or recognized. It's really special to me so I wanted to make sure that I put lots of thought into what I write so I can do it justice. I thought all day yesterday and never really figured how to put it into words. I don't think I can do it justice. God's creation speaks for itself. Some people have done well to write poems or songs that at least put it partly into words. But I'm not a poet or song writer. I know that the Lord's creation is AMAZING. And I see him everywhere I turn. All these things praise him, not just the tall mountains, but all the hills too. :-) Anyway, I really don't know what to say about this other than... it's my favorite Psalm. I think I'll take it outside with me and read it as the sun comes up. Seeing God's creation leaves me no doubt of his amazing love.

Prayer
Lord thank you for this world. I know it's not meant to be our home in the end and some would argue that I shouldn't love it as much as I do, but it's beautiful. And I hope my love of your creation serves to bring me closer to you, to praise you, to share your amazing love. Thank you Lord. Thank you! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Kristy, I can totally see this being your favorite Psalm! It sounds just like you, with all the nature images. And the happiness! :-)

    ReplyDelete